Sunday, October 7, 2018

Limited Wishes

Caught myself a genie, I did, all those years ago. You know the deal, three wishes, no wishing for more wishes. Poof, there he was, big purple-skinned guy with glowing red eyes.

“For my first wish, make me a successful writer!” I commanded.

“I’ll see what I can do,” he said.

“What?”

“Hey, writing is a tough market. Lots of competition. Maybe a Blogger account? I said I’ll see what I can do.”

“Well … okay. Next, grant me a beautiful wife!”

“Hmm. Tricky.”

“WHAT?”

“Well, you’re not much of a looker, mate. Bit out of shape. Not much of a conversationalist either. Help me out here, guy, take care of yourself, dress a little better.”

“What kind of genie are you?”

“Hey, I do magic, not miracles. Want something big, try praying. Hah. See if that helps. Otherwise, stop bitching and be grateful with what you can get. Now, last wish?” 

“Are you kidding? I wish I’d never met you.”

“Done.”

And bam, that was it. So you see, this lamp once held a genie, so I couldn’t possibly let it go for less than a hundred. Seventy-five? Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment