Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Reflection of Evil

A cursed mirror split me in two. The glass shattered, separating my good and pure half from my evil reflection.

We stood amid the frosted, crinkling floor, blinking, looking at each other a moment.

“Which one are you, then?” I asked.

“Why, the good of course,” he replied, but I certainly didn’t feel evil. How to know?

A test then. “We must find a way to reverse the curse,” I said, watching him carefully. “It can’t be healthy to live like this.”

“Nonsense,” he retorted. “You think I want to be flawed again? Finally, I am free of you.”

That settled that. No good man would be so proud.

He turned to go and so I stooped and picked up a shard. Moving swiftly, I grabbed him from behind and sawed the edge across his throat. He moaned and thrashed but I held him close and smiled to let him know it would be all right. 

It was for the best, you know. 

Imagine, having an evil man like him loose in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment